Today, I walked past waiting patients to the quadrangle at the heart of AIIMS, where striking doctors prepare to go hungry for another night. There were candles all around, remnants of a quiet vigil from an hour ago.
Little groups of students huddled everywhere, some on benches, others stretched out on red carpets in the centre of the ground. Around them, strung up everywhere, are banners. There's a joke painted on one. It's about Manmohan Singh telling George W Bush of a plan to send Indians to the moon next year. "How many," asks Bush. "100," Singh replies. "25 OBCs, 20 SCs, 15 STs, 5 handicapped, 5 sports personnel, 2 Kashmiri migrants, 8 politicians, 18 generals and, if possible, 2 astronauts." Another poster reads: "I am leaving for the US. I was disowned by my own country." This is what it has come to?
- "The last time I checked India was a democratic country," says Aamir Khan
- Film Fraternity stands united with Aamir; but, Shatrughan Sinha thinks otherwise.
- Democracy is dead - Arjun Singh has no answers to Karan Thapar's well researched questions
- Chetan Bhagat of Five Point Someone fame advises the youth to protest creatively!!!
- While the Government sleeps over the reservations issue, Smile India Foundation has shown the way!
Intro & concluding music provided by Alms for Shanti
Listen Online (64 kbps) :/Episode length : 18 mins
Downloading episode :64kbps (size ~9 Mb),
Note: Right-click on the above MP3 link and chose "Save target as" to download the file on your computer.
Subscribe: You can also subscribe to Indicast using these channels (its free) to get automatic updates: